• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me with my temps PLS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CDL0012

Registered
System:
2500+ Barton XP
BioStar M7NCD Pro
512 Ram PC2100 DDR
ATi 9500np > 9700 Radeon
Round IDE Cables

Watercooling:
ViaAqua 1300
Maze3SHD Waterblock (lapped to 1500 grit)
Black Ice Micro II (Dual 80mm - Push)
BayRes Reservoir
Clearflex 3/8" Tubing

Routing: Pump > Radiator > CPU > Reservoir > Pump

Temperatures:
Life @ Ambient - 20C
System @ Idle - 30C *Edit* This is actually the northbridge
System @ Load - 38C *Edit* This is actually the northbridge
CPU @ Idle - 35C
CPU @ Load - 52C
Water @ Idle (Reservoir) - 21C
Water @ Load (Reservoir) - 25C
Block @ Idle (Base) - 23C
Block @ Load (Base) - 27C

Note: Temps are represented with side panals off. With no overclocking.

------------------------------------------------------

Everything seems like where it should be, but the load temps is what is bothering me... There seems to be no excuse for the CPU load temp to be so high. I am using some kind of generic thermal paste, but I don't see how that could cause such a large increase in my load temp. I'm open to all suggestions! Please help me figure this one out! Thanks to all!

P.S. Excuse the mess, system is under going renovations. :bang head:

rig.jpg
:bang head

Last edited:
It looks like your case temp is pretty high. Also the fans for the radiator are not really taking in cold air. They're probably taking that 38 deg case air and blowing it through the rad. That's my guess.

Thanks for your reply. After looking over what you said, I measured the air temperature behind the fans, from idle to load, it consistantly stayed at 20C which puzzled me. Thus I checked the temperature of my northbridge, and it matched exactly with Motherboard Monitor... I made the necessary label changes to the temperature readings above.

with your water temps under load, I'd check the wb seating and make sure that it is making full contact with the die. use some good thermal goop like arctic silver. I have the same temps and my proc only gets up to 40 max.

ps. looks like some of your bends are kinda tight. Put a little bit more tubing btwn the wb and bayres and the pump and rad. Also, check to see that the tubing is not too short for the wb. If there's a lot of stress on the wb, it could cause a poor seating.

Kusojiji, I'm getting some arctic silver 5 soon, so hopefully my load temps will change... but would it help 10C?

I know the tubing is kind of tight, however, I made sure there was no stress on the waterblock.

I've reseated the waterblock more than 5 times and it appears that they way I have seated now, is optimal...

Lastly, thanks for the reply!

bigsoomo, my first thought that my problem was with the watercooling system, and the radiator not doing the sufficient cooling, however, the temperature of the only water changes 4C...

Is that a big change that I should be concern with? 4C doesn't seem much at all.

I would make a blowhole, but... This is how the front of my case looks like.

rig2.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yes, let me add that the waterblock has been lapped to 1500 gritt.

yo...that sucks that you cant drill out a blowhole, i think that would make some difference...and about 4c doesnt seem to big of a jump, you got me stumped!

From your pics, it looks like you have very little to no case air circulation. With no intake, all your radiator is doing is recycling hot case air. Using an intake or somehow improving case airflow should make a big difference.

Have you checked your temps with the side panel off? How about moving the radiator outside your case for a little bit?

Also, thanks for providing so much information. It really helps. :)

johan851, the temperatures are given with the side panals off. Air going through the radiator is a constant 20C. And from idle to load, the water temperatures increase 4C. Thus, from this conclusion... I would assume that air circulation isn't a problem at all.

I figure since if I'm asking for help, its best to give as much information as I can, thanks for your reply! :)

Back