• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me build my first wc setup!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Methodx

Ok kids, I tried ocing my computer, and frankily I'm ****ed. I know my temps are what is limiting me. At 3.12ghz, my computer boots, BOOTS, and 59 degrees C. (The temp in my house was 80 degrees F, but still, it's time for some watercooling). I've never done it before, so lets help me get started!

I'm hoping to spend around $150. Any suggestions? See sig for specs.

Thanks in advance!

It is a little more money than you mentioned, but I have been extremely pleased with the D-tek Flowmaster XT kit I bought. I got the Eheim 1250 pump and the White Water CPU block options with mine. HERE is the link.

My CPU load temps dropped about 11C versus my SLK-900 air cooling.

Cool, thanks for the help so far. Does that kit come with a northbridge cooler? It looks like it doesn't and I really need one right now. Do you have to add it on?

Nb coolers arent worth the extra cash and the hassle , i would go with a active or a good passive one and save ALOt of money for somthing else.

Buy this:

1.) White Water Waterblock: AMD (Socket A) ( 1x$49.99 )

Customizations: (POLY TOPPED: 1/2" BARBS)

Details:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.) Via 1300 Pump (370GPH) ( 1x$22.99 )

Customizations: (1/2")

Details:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.) ClearFlex High Grade Tubing: 1/2" ( 5x$1.50 )

Details:

4.) SuperCool (4oz) ( 1x$3.99 )

Details:

5.) T-Fitting ( 1x$0.99 )

Customizations: (1/2")

Details:

6.) S&D: Pro-Radiator (silver) ( 1x$23.99 )

Customizations: (Chrome 1/2" (pair))

And you will still have money left to get you a NB waterblock.

most people here will disagree but I have been very happy with my Koolan EXOS. See sig. It is out of your price range though.

Back