• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a7v8x-mx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leowhoa

Im new at this and to the fourm. Does any have this board ,this manual sucks. If so can someone help me with setting up the cpu speed I have the switch so it runs at 166mhz but all I get is 1150mhz cpu speed Can any one help? thank you

I am new at this also, but I had the same issue with my A7V8X. All you should have to do is flash the bios with the most current version. I installed version 1012 on my board the other day. Here is the link http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=A7V8X-MX&Type=BIOS
I hope this helps.

I have just checked that link and the current version will be 1006 for your particular board. If your system is similar to mine you should be able to save the new bios to a floppy disk and hold the alt and F2 keys during reboot and go through the handy dandy bios flash utility that ASUS has supplied. I found it to work very well.

Last edited:
Back