• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New AMD XP2500 BARTON, Mushkin 256mb Level 2 DDR PC3200, NF7-S, no boot past POST

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

remelad

Registered
New AMD XP2500 BARTON, Mushkin 256mb DDR PC3200, NF7-S, no boot past POST *FIXED*

I put my system together last night and tried to boot it up. It POSTed fine, gave me the RAID screen, and even the screen that says something about DMI Data or something but then nothing after that.

When the system went down, could it have corrupted my primary HD? I got into it via DOS and it seems all the info is still there, just wont boot.

According to BIOS, it 'sees' the HD

I then tried another HD with Win2K Pro on it and same thing.

Both times I get the BSOD with 0x0000007b. Is there something in the BIOS that needs changed or updated?

I didn't have my laptop at home last night so I couldn't search the internet for the problem so I'll have to try fixing it tonight.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Hi,
Just a quick questioin, you say you put another HD in it with win2k already installed. What chipset drivers did it have on it? If it didn't have the nforce2 chip set drivers on the HD or not even the native windows drivers. It will do that, at least it did to me one time when I used a HD from a via board.

Just a thought.
Later
RGP

I was wondering about something like that. Both the HD's I tried, one with XP PRO, the other with 2K Pro, neither would boot. The BIOS reconized them but nothing past that.

I would think that either way, the HD's should boot at least.

Hi again,
Yeah I thought so too, as it turned out I had to do a format and fresh install to get my system up with the nforce board. I had been using VIA boards and I had the same problem as you. Hard drive would be seen in BIOS and then the second boot screen but nothing after that.

Later
RGP

Wow...ain't that special!?!? I'll give it a whirl tonight with my win2k HD. That way I can plug in the XP HD and gather my information before I format and reinstall.

Hope this fixes it! Thanks for the suggestion.

Pretty weird how the HD wouldn't reconize itself after the "Verify DMI Pool Data" screen

What I did is boot off of the XP Pro disc and do a repair on the existing XP install.

All is fine and dandy now!!!

Now I can start playing with the new computer!!!

Thanks for the suggestion RGP!

Back