• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7 bios D21/22

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
my board is an nf7-s v2.0. that would be why i was browsing the nf7-s v2.0 folder @ abitFTP. :D.

J.

There is many people having problems with the D21 and D22 bios because of a newer silicon bios embedded in these new bios's. Many people have reported the same problem as you. I got lucky and it worked for me.

There are hacked D21 & D22 bios available that that have the 4227 silicon bios embedded instead of the newer one that ABIT has put in them.

GL

Lvcoyote

thanks for the info Lvcoyote. I couldn't quite figure out the problem, and little or no info on bios 21/22 floating around the forums. I don't have any real problems with bios 20, i just flashed it to the newer bios because i'm like that.. lol.

thanx again,

J.

Juliendogg,

The problem is discussed in fair detail in the Abit-Usa forums (forum.abit-usa.com). I found it's a pretty good resource for NF7-S users, and there are always pretty good modded bioses for it around (including d10 ones where the 10/10.5 multi w/ cpu interface problem doesn't exist).

BigBaller

I believe the only addition in d22 is "First Bios for NF7-V" support or whatever. There has been some speculation as to what it is, but it even mentions in the release notes that there is nothing new for the NF7-S in d22. Why they released it as an NF7-S bios then is another question... I'm still using modded d20 w/ SATA Bios 4.2.27 as I didn't see any need to move to d21 or d22.

Thanx Tyson,

Yah, i frequent Abit's forums. You'll see my name pop up there once in a great while. But these forums will allways be my fav, an if i start a thread askin about something, 'tis here first. :D.

J.

Back