• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem With Nf7-s And 2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gusdagoos

WELL I JUST PUT TOGETHER MY SYSTEM AND I BOOTED IT AND GOT THIS MESSAGE....

CPU IS UNWORKABLE OR HAS BEEN CHANGED. PLEASE RECHECK - CPU SOFT MENU

COULD THIS BE BECAUSE I PUT MY OLD HARD DRIVE WITH MY OLD MOTHERBOARD SETTING ON THIS MOTHERBOARD? NEED SOME ADVICE OR HELP......AND I HOOKED UP MY HARD DRIVE TO SATA AND ITS NOT FINDING IT....JUST HANGS ON RAID UTILITY...

Just check to see if the CPU has changed its FSB or something like that in bios. I used to get that problem with my P4 when I changed some FSB options etc..

Just try setting it back to deafault 2500+ in the menu. If thats not it, then.. umm.. sorry I can't help :)

lol that wasnt the problem...im thinking because all the bios from the old motherboard is conflicting.....i dont know ill see ig uess

Boot your system with nothing but the video card, Ram, and CPU plugged in. You should never just throw everything in and boot up, how will you know what part is causing the problem? Start over, make sure every connection is tight and secure. Do not hook up your hard drive, or any PCI devices until you are able to boot up into setup. Make sure your memory and video card are plugged all the way in. Also, are you sure your motherboard supprots the current CPU. Give us some info on your system. As far as the Sata Raid, are you using an adapter to connect an IDE drive to a Sata connection?

gusdagoos said:
WELL I JUST PUT TOGETHER MY SYSTEM AND I BOOTED IT AND GOT THIS MESSAGE....

CPU IS UNWORKABLE OR HAS BEEN CHANGED. PLEASE RECHECK - CPU SOFT MENU

COULD THIS BE BECAUSE I PUT MY OLD HARD DRIVE WITH MY OLD MOTHERBOARD SETTING ON THIS MOTHERBOARD? NEED SOME ADVICE OR HELP......AND I HOOKED UP MY HARD DRIVE TO SATA AND ITS NOT FINDING IT....JUST HANGS ON RAID UTILITY...

Not sure what the problem is, but one thing I'm sure of: The bios settings are NOT stored on the hd. It's stored on a cmos chip on your mobo. Regardless of what your hd contains you should be able to boot. Go into bios and check that the FSB is set to 166.
You might also want to read the mobo manual and check that the mobo jumpers are correct...

yea i got it working but im trying to reinstall xp...always had trouble with it because cd doesnt load up when i restart my compter...

yea that helped.....but i got a question.....i put a hard drive on sata and another one on ide.....should the ide one be set to slave.....

I get that sometimes every one in a while, but I just usually continue on booting and nothing happens..

this message usually means there's a problem with the CPU speed or memory timings.

about your hard drive question. i've never tried this so i'm not exactly sure if the board gives priority to the IDE controllers or not but try setting the drive you want to boot from to master then set the other to slave. which controller the drive is on shouldn't matter.

not to worry

All that means is something was or got changed in bios. It does not mean a problem. I get it all the time cause i change alot in bios. Even if you just install a new hdd, that message will come up.:D

Back