• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rga+ bios flash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThePunkGeek

I just flashed the bios on this motherboard, and it said it was completed and all was good, to take out the floppy and hit f1. I did so and i got a C1 error on boot (ram) anyone know why?

i guess i should give a little more info:

the bios i went to install was an offical bios
there was no overclock in the computer at flash
i tried another stick of memory no luck
cleared cmos (with the jumper set to clear cmos and power clicked i get a cf error i've never seen this happen shouldn't turn on when set there?)
i tried pulling the battrey to reset cmos

computer was running mint right before this, and it told me it was sucessfully flashed (used awdflash.exe) I saved the old bios before flashing it but i can't even get a post outta it to flash it back... am i screwed or what? thanks for any help

That is a bummer. I'm not coming up with a lot, but I've thought of a couple of things I would try.
Strip it down to one stick of RAM if you have multiple. Try switching the RAM to another slot.

Anyone else have any ideas?

You might try stripping it to the memory, vid card, and keyboard. See if you get any farther that way.

If not, then I guess it is time for a new BIOS chip. Really annoying, but not the end of the world.

Look on the bright side, at least you still have a working computer to use. I remember once ended up in a jam, and I had to hit my neighbor up for his old 486 motherboard so I could put together a working system for about a week! It worked, and it got me by.

mine did that when i first built it. i finally found out somethin was grounding out. sometimes it would work, and if i bumped it, it would turn off

Had one for about eight months and heard about BIOS problems but mine never gave the first problem so I passed on BIOS flashing 'cause I figure if it ain't broke don't fix it. Sorry you had the problem and hope you get it squared away.

BTW, if you have to buy new take a close look at the ABIT NF7-S Version 2.

Back