• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Here's what a $110 waterkit looks like.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NiTrO bOiE

UPS just dropped it off (even though I asked for Fedex), better late than never.

MVC-002S.JPG

MVC-003S.JPG

MVC-004S.JPG

MVC-005S.JPG

MVC-007S.JPG

Scratch and Dent Heater Core... looks pretty nice to me. Only a couple of bent fins. That's it, no dents in the tanks or anything else. I'm kinda disapointed that dtek didnt wrap it in plastic, now I have peanuts stuck in between some of the fins.

The tubing is foggy because I blew into it like in idiot.... :eek:

Here's what's in the kit:

1.) White Water Waterblock: AMD (Socket A) ( 1x$49.99 )

Customizations: (POLY TOPPED: 1/2" BARBS)

Details:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.) Via 1300 Pump (370GPH) ( 1x$22.99 )

Customizations: (1/2")

Details:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.) ClearFlex High Grade Tubing: 1/2" ( 5x$1.50 )

Details:

4.) SuperCool (4oz) ( 1x$3.99 )

Details:

5.) T-Fitting ( 2x$0.99 )

Customizations: (1/2")

Details:

6.) S&D: Pro-Radiator (silver) ( 1x$23.99 )

Customizations: (Chrome 1/2" (pair))

Details:

I have 2 questions:
1. How should I mount my HC? On the back of the case or in it? My case already has a hole in the back to so I won't have to cut anything, if I put it in the case, I won't have a hard drive cage. (look at the pics)

2. How much supercool do I add per gallon?

I'll post some more pics tommorrow.

Nice looking kit i hope you get good results :)

As regarding the HC you should have purchased 2 shrouds to go with the fans.
Its better to mount the HC on the front in the case and use a push/pull config. That means intake fan and blowing fan. The fans can be mounted directly on the rad since you didnt purchase any shrouds. Threaded nuts should do just fine, use a little plastic thin object to open the HC fins for the threaded nuts,be carefull not the damage the fins.

I'll pick up some tupperware to make shrouds out of this weekend or monday since I'm out of school. I won't have results until I rebuild my computer. I bought the W/C now just to get the most expensive thing out of the way first.

Here's what I have so far. I would fill it up, but I don't know how much additive to add per gallon.:mad: I know the t-line is long, but I'm not finished yet.

MVC-0010S.jpg

nice setup, arent those deltas defeating the purpose of w/c.....
if you need more tube which looks like you may then order off mcmastercarr b/c its 65cents instead of 1.25 or whatever dtek charges

a gallon is 3.85 litters.

multiply 3.85 by 15, then divide it by 100, and you get .5775 of a litter.

Any standard measuring cup should have litters on it.

EDIT: To avoid measuring the antifreeze, just mark the jug where the water line originally was, and just fill it up to there.

nice setup, arent those deltas defeating the purpose of w/c.....

I have a nexus for them, they run at 7volts and push a ton of air. I also like having the feature of cranking them up to full to benchmark and a really high voltage. I'm actually looking for the 120mm Delta's that push 190CFM at 12volts to replaced the 92mm.

Doh, I already have 4oz of Supercool. It didn't come with instructions though to tell me how much to add per gallon. I'm assuming I just dump the whole bottle in there... but I'm not positive.

What i would do is rather that utting the 4oz into the gallon, put just pure distilled in your system, then add the whole 4oz (or maybe 2 or 3 idk estimate) thru the tline, 4oz is kinda light for a whole gallon

Last edited:
Bobaroo said:
ooo Very nice Red X's ;)

I want to see to

the forum is down really is down right now :p

Excess, I'm using Supercool that came in a 4oz bottle. It didn't come with instructions or how much 4oz will treat...

DOHCrazy said:
a gallon is 3.85 litters.

multiply 3.85 by 15, then divide it by 100, and you get .5775 of a litter.

Any standard measuring cup should have litters on it.

EDIT: To avoid measuring the antifreeze, just mark the jug where the water line originally was, and just fill it up to there.

I gave you the answer, all u need to do was a little research.

.5775 liters is 19.527598 ounces.

So your 4 ounces is less than 15% for sure. ACtually its 0.118294119 of a liter.

Edit, i dont believe that 4 oz is to treat a whole gallon. Even with only half a gallon, youde need 9.76379901 ounces to make it 15%.

Im beggining to think that 4oz bottle is for a one treatment thing, not to make a whole gallon to keep. I myself make a whole gallon at a time, and it last me 3 - 5 refills, if not more.

I just decided to dump the whole bottle in there... I have it setup now. It's still bleeding right now though. I also added some dye to the water. Here's a pic of what I have right now.

Attachments

• mvc-021s.jpg
    mvc-021s.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 179
OUCH! your tubes are going to be discolord b/c the food color , my zerex af clouded my tubes but idc about it cuz tube is 65c a ft :)

Peak contains zerex if it has a logo on bottom right , silver / gold bottle with green af , Also look for red af b/c it works really good!

Back