• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7's 10.5 or 10 multi problem...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EmAzY

Registered
NF7's 10.5 or 10 multi problem......

whats the bios i need so this option will work....

i tried 10.5 x 230 and no post... which is similar speed on my setup which is 11.5 x 210... maybe its the bios or just something is holding me back :)

but anyways if u guys would be kind enough to lead me to where i can get the d10 bios or something like that and i would very much appreciate it...

K thx.

The 10x and 10.5x mult's on some NF7-S's doesnt like high fsb...I.E. over 220.

Try upping your vcore and 11x230. Worked for me just fine.

my vcore is at 1.95vcore at 11.5 x 210...

isn't the 10.5 or 10 multi would be better for the cpu less stress and vcore should be less...

possible that bios d10 will allow you to use 10 and 10.5 multi's at high fsb's. As of now that is the only available option. This however is not an option if you are using the sata controller, as bios d10 causes sata corruption for most users.

J.

i dont use sata.... and i'm not sure which bios i got.... would disabling cpu interface help me run at 10.5 x 230...

d10beta4 turbo

i have no problem with any multiplier, and the "hacked" v10's have the updated sata thingies
I'm attaching a really hot bios by tictac

Attachments

• nf7d10b4.zip
    225.6 KB · Views: 66
Usually I like to take risks, but ive been hearing of a couple users having to hotflash there bios chips after trying to flash to the d10 hacked. So, im pretty scared to do it considering i got this NEW NF7-S about 2-3 days ago. I will do it as long as the computer posts and I can flash back to the patched 21 bios.

Any word on this?

Carmine_Paterno said:
Usually I like to take risks, but ive been hearing of a couple users having to hotflash there bios chips after trying to flash to the d10 hacked. So, im pretty scared to do it considering i got this NEW NF7-S about 2-3 days ago. I will do it as long as the computer posts and I can flash back to the patched 21 bios.

Any word on this?

i think better u dont touch dat hack D10 as some newer mobo hav prob working with D10 bios

and u hav raptors ..... so better use newer bios from abit like D21/ D21 Equito

i have no problem with any multiplier, and the "hacked" v10's have the updated sata thingies

where do u get those stuff? i havent heard any hack D10 except equito D10 . Hav u tested it? wats really hot bout dat bios?

Last edited:
yes, i'm using it right now... it's nice, i like it.
it actually gained me about 200mb/s in memory bandwith! don't ask me how or why...
set up a little differently than the normal award bios as well. i found this searching the xtremesystems.org forums

some people have corrupted their bios flashing to d10... but the only way to do that is to not do it correctly!!! if you're completely stable with no power interruptions then you're fine. i flash with the settings in sig ;)

Re: d10beta4 turbo

crimedog said:

do some reading on those "hacked" bios. they do NOT fix the sata corruption. it was only fixed for most users by the addition of the p2p discard option in the bios and setting this option to 1ms. that option is not available in any version of the d10 bios. So those of you who experience sata corruption on d10 bios will experience it with these hacked d10 bios as well. it had nothing to do with the actual sata bios, it's the nf7 bios that caused the problem. When Abit fixed the sata corruption issue, they fubar'd the 10 and 10.5 multi's. head over to abit's forums, there's a HUGE thread about this that's been running on for months. No one has found a fix, and TicTac states in that thread as well that he has NO fix in his hacked bios' for this problem.

J>

Quite true Juliendog. The 10 and 10.5 multipliers not working with high FSBs is a pretty well-known issue with any BIOS past D10. The problem is, using BIOS D10 is very iffy if you're also using the SATA interface. So...either you've got to lose the Raptors, or live without the 10 and 10.5 multipliers. And you should keep the Raptors. :)

ok good news.... i didnt even flash my bios and i just had to disable my cpu interface to get it going at 10.5 at 230fsb...

one question... lowering my multi does that lower the stress on it which means i can lower my vcore... it lowered by -.5 vcore so now its at 1.9... before was 1.95 at 11.5 x 210.... or is the 1.9vcore about right at that high fsb... i'll try soon 10 x 240+fsb...

actually, i think as long the speed of the cpu aint lower the vcore still has to be same or more...

now its rock solid at 2vcore prime pass....
i was just confused of low multi will give me low vcore... correct me if i'm wrong... but the speed of the outcome really has to be the judgement of the cpu vcore... k thx

Emazy, do some benches mate. If you bench @ 215 or so with cpu interface enabled, it will stomp the scores you get even at MUCH higher fsb's with cpu interface disabled. It's really not worth it imo. On my rig, 220X11 cpu interface enabled, is much faster than 240X10 cpu interface disabled. Note the cpu speeds would be the same at both settings :D.

Oh yeah, and equito's hacked d10 still gave me corruption issues with my sata array. I tried that bios months ago.

J.

Back