• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Senfu water res CRACKS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MoreGooder

Well, I was afraid this would happen. I have noticed many cracks all over my Senfu water reservoir. The cracks eminate from the metal threaded inserts that are molded within the plastic. This is a major design flaw by Senfu in my opinion. Those threaded inserts were a good idea for a mechanical solution, but the plastic around them is too thick, resulting in stresses and cracks.

Secondly, the plastic has warped slightly, causing inadequate sealing to the gasket in the lid. I replaced the gasket with the spare that shipped with it and it has stopped leaking there for the time being.

I have ordered a Bay Res 2, but I will be watching it carefully over time as well because I am worried about leaks in the joints.

Why isn't it possible to injection-mold a proper res? Seems like someone should be making such a thing by now.

Last edited:
Injection molding for something like that would likely be uneconomical.. due to the HUGE cost of 'tooling up'.. I doubt that sales would meet the costs of getting the gear ready.

Yep im planning to get it anodised.

I did think about copper but ive allredy got loads of aluminum and a TIG welder so it wont take me long to get one together. the only real issue with aluminium is corrosion but all my blocks have alu tops and i never have problems:)

Back