• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Initial leak test and install??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

csidd

Registered
I will be recieving my H20 set up early in the week. I have a question about initial set up. Here's what I'm guessing, I dry fit all components (put blocks in place, cut tubing, etc.) Then I remove from case and fill it up. Give it a day or two to run and test for leaks. After I am sure I have zero leakage do I take the pre assembled set up and install back into my case ? It makes sense to me but I just want to be sure. I haven't really seen this addressed before and just thought I would ask. This being the best H20 resource I have been able to find I thought this is the best place to get advice. Thanks.

That is most surely correct, reading the stickies would help most newbies get a first time watercooled setup almost perdect :)

Good luck & Welcome to the watercooled world & forums :)

Yes. One suggestion I would make is that you should consider draining your water cooling setup after it has run for about 12-24 hours, and then refill it for the rest of the leak test. What I found was that after about 12-24 hours of running, I had a small amount of residue in the reservoir. I guess the initial water flow through the system removes some of the oils/grease and whatever else that may be in the various components.

Thanks. Never thought of flushing out the residue from all components. Kinda makes sense. When I get everything all set I'll post some pics of what should turn out to be a sweet set up.

Back