• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bleeding help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sup3rcarrx8

Hi guys. I've been letting my system bleed for about 5 hours now and the bubbles are still there. Does anybody have any tips on getting the bubbles out of the system completely? Thanks.

EDIT: Can a few bubbles affect the system's cooling or a lot btw?

Bubbles are bad, but a few wont hurt.

My system they are about 90% gone in about 60 hours, and in the next few days the rest disappear.

Try thumping your tubes with your fingers, or clamping the tubes with some pliers to slow the flow down.

Ok thanks. Also how do you know when all the air is out of the radiator? I hear from people that that's where most of the air is stuck and you need to move it around to get the air out while bleeding.

Since I just re-did my whole system yesterday, I can tell you exactly what worked for me. Make sure you empty out everything in your watercooling parts so that there is no water anywhere. Then, fill up your res all the way. Tip your res upside down so it gos into your tubes and other parts. Then fill your res again. Make sure the fill/bleed hole cap is not there and that your res is higher than all the other parts in your system, (This may require two people, or so). Power on your system and keep filling it through that hole until it starts overflowing out of the hole. When that happens, turn it off and see if there is any air in your tubes. If there is, than put more water in while its off and repeat. If there isnt, then let it run, with the cap off, and the res higher than all the other parts, for about 5 minutes.

What this does, is let all the parts fill "naturally" so that all of the air is pushed to the top as the system fills from bottom up. Hope this helps you and goodluck.:cool:

Back