• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anything better then 1007ver bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rush69

I’m completely stuck on 200fsb... cant get even 1 point increase...
my ram is rated to 217... so is there a better unofficial bios then 1007 or should i go back to 1006...1005....

Last edited:
I was wondering the same thing. I am going to oc my new barton tonight I'll see how far I can get with it.

I'm getting Mushkin 3200 the black stuff Level II sometime 1/19/04 or 1/20/04 also running the 1007ver bios as well I'll post after I put this RAM to the test. Hope that I get >200 at least.

I can boot at 210FSB no probs.
If I drop the multi down and do a prime at 210FSB it is fine.

Here's a thing. It is not stable at 210+fsb. But will run 3d mark fine several times. I think prime95 may be asking a bit much.

I can actually get to 219FSB with RAM at the same speed. Not bad I think, but it crashes half way through a 3dmark test.

had the same prob stuck around 200. then i put a 92 mm tornado on my slk 900 a and crazy glued a 40mm fan off a p3 cpu cooler on my nb. i have no probs running stable at [email protected].
temps idle/load 37c/42c 3hrs prime95. i think the extra airflow from the tornado helped alot lol. btw still using the 1006 bios that came with mobo just got it for xmas and i'm been to busy to try to update it.

Have any of you got the "CPU Interface option" not greyed out and able to change it from "optimal" to "aggressive"? I flashed 1007 from 1005 and now the option won't let me change it :(

so you had better performance with the older bios. i'm gonna have to try it. thnx for the info.

well i got it to 210fsb stable... and hit a wall... had to raise my vcore all the way up so its stable. didnt do anything to the ram default voltage and 7,3,3,2. My idel temp is now 48c...duno if im gona keep extra 10fsb for 9c.

I've had mine as high as 10.5 X 216 and it would boot and it would pass SiSandra tests and burn-in, but would have a ton of errors in test #5 of MemTest 86.

I increased the ram voltage (vdimm) to the highest setting of 2.8v and still the highest I can get and pass ALL tests in MemTest 86 is 200.

I'm just curious ... Have you all (who are over 200 fsb on an A7N8X mobo) ran MemTest 86? Does it pass test #5 without errors?

I have downloaded the latest version of the "UBER BIOS" bios (v.1007) and plan to install it soon (I've never flashed a bios...scary). It unlocks the option to change the vdimm to 2.9v. I've been told, that ought to get me past 200 error-free! This ram wants more voltage!

never ram mem test software... just 3dmark2001, 3dmark03 and pcmark2002 if it passes those my system is stable :)

u lucky that your machine posts when u use 10.5 multi and over 200fsb... if i try 10.5 i can post ok at 200fsb, anything over that wont post. I might give it another shoot today raise it slowly...

10.5x220fsb is my dream oc for my 2400+.

what voltage are you running your OCZ ram at? Jack it up...OCZ ram lovvves voltage. But, that's a "darn" good o/c you've got going there with a thouroughbred...well done.

MemTest is an "ultimate" test for your memory/ram, and stability.

Back