• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the Zerex "water pump lubricant" safe...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bailey

to use? I couldn't find any super coolant but this stuff advertises as being an anti-corrosive. It's in a 14.5oz bottle, is clear & doesn't smell.

I did a search but didn't find a definitive answer, aside from confusion about the two products.

Thanks

i have it in my system now. serch for Zerex Super Protector and see what you find, i am almost cerain its the same stuff. what does the bottle look like though? if it has a black normal cap, then it is clear and works well. if it has a white childproof cap then it is an older version that is neon green and makes tubes really really cloudy.

ick

Zip,
I had the <b>older</b> Zerex stuff in my case for about 4 months and it made a total mess. It coated the interior of my system with a thick yellowish goo, and I had to replace all the tubing. You may have better luck with the new clear stuff, but I wouldn't risk it.

yeah the older stuff made my tubes really cloudy from the start i drained it and couldn't clean the residue off. the new stuff is working well for me now though

older:
170104-DSCF0095.JPG

new:
170104-DSCF0096.JPG

(the new stuff is actually perfedtly clear, there was some residue left in the measuring cup)

Zerex Super Protector
Ah, that's the search I missed - lol. It doesn't say "super protector"

It's the new stuff in the 2nd picture. Black cap & no color or aroma.

Thanks for the info!

Actually they are different. The "Super Protector" isn't a coolant like "Super Coolant" its just an anti-corrosive as far as I know. Also the Super Coolant is purple.

oh yeah, i meant super protector is the same stuff as water pump lubricant.

Back