• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water dyes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alibubba

Registered
with all the recent talk about coloring your water with highlighers and that new anti freeze coolant for the audi and such, anyone every try ty-d-bol? the stuff u put in your toilet to get that nice blue color? :) it didn't say on the box what was in ty-d-bol so i'm not sure if it's damaging or not. ideas suggestions?

what is it made up of? Besides having a blue color to it, i'm sure that stuff has some cleanser stuff, possibly harmful with metal and other stuff in your watercooling setup that you probably won't find in a ceramic toilet..

It probably has bleach in it which is a horrible idea.

I wouldn't put any type of cleanser in a watercooling setup.

if you look in your local big chain auto shops (pep boys etc) ask for uv reactant dye for checking leaks in a radiator system. You could also probably use the dye for checking leaks in air conditioners.. but I know this one works for sure, without any problems.

Cost me 7 bucks for a set of two 1oz bottles, I used one cap full and this is what my system looks like:

closed.jpg

full.jpg

this is the only one they had.. I had to call 3 stores around me to find it.. I was looking for a blue, but this actually works out fine :D

Back