• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on additive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bobaroo

Registered
I know anti-freeze and car coolent work, but how about car wind shield wiper fluid? Would it work, I have so much of it and it is a nice blue :p

i believe its corrosive dude
unless you have a ALL copper setup (no anodized aluminum top or aluminum radiator) then you could use it, but with caution because i believe it's a light cleanser as well, cleansers can be harmful to metals

i heard it wasn't corrosive

but neh who am i to tell might be the brand it seems to just be water to me lol

there was a forum where they had a person from polarflo answer questions and someone asked about what they(the company) have in there systems. they said 100% windshield washer fluid. their blocks have a anodized top. i was wondering about using just windshield washing fluid myself.

Windshield washer fluid consist of distilled water, methanol, and blue coloring.

Methanol is harmless to anodizing.

As far as corrosion prevention is concerened. Nobody really knows if it prevents corrosion. IMO it doesn't.

ahh yes, methanol, its not a cleaner. now i remember. i'd still stick with antifreeze/coolant.
even if it gave you better preformance or just because its cheaper, is that worth putting your computer and cooling components at risk?

Korndog said:
ahh yes, methanol, its not a cleaner. now i remember. i'd still stick with antifreeze/coolant.
even if it gave you better preformance or just because its cheaper, is that worth putting your computer and cooling components at risk?

Nope...good thing I asked.

Back