• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Help!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mumrah

I just installed my water cooling system on my MSI K7D Master.

Once i got the waterblock mounted, and everything fastened, i turned the computer on and i get no post. I get the dled code: red, green, red, red. However it's not the memory cause i dont get a loud "beep". I am getting a beep code though. Short sucessive even clicks. I dont think any water got anywhere in the computer since everything was dry when i put it in.

What could be wrong?

System specs:
MSI 7kD Master
Barton 2500+ pin modded to 2.2ghz
2 512 mb sticks of Crucial reg non-ecc pc2100
Geforce4 Ti4200

My first thought is that i bumped the processor and the pins may have gone out of place.

Please, please help.

-David

i'm guessing that you disassembled everything before putting your watercooling inside your computer. Are you sure you checked if the graphic card is pushed down all the way as well as your other componants.
btw, Do you have a shim on your processor? I cracked a cpu once from applying too much tension on my processor, and it also stopped posting

no, i dont have a shim. god i hope i didnt break it.

but if the proc was bad, would i get all red dleds?

??

well.. i've seen cracked cpus work, and i've seen some not work..
so i guess the degree of malfuntion depends on your luck, that is if it cracked. what kind of waterblock are u using?
from your detail, i can only narrow it down to the cpu die cracking, something not plugged in well, or spontanious malfunction :-/

Do you have the thing where if a fan isnt connected to the cpu header it doesnt boot? try holding insert while booting.

Jon

JFettig said:
Do you have the thing where if a fan isnt connected to the cpu header it doesnt boot? try holding insert while booting.

Jon

My guess too.

There should be a sticky at the top "Turn automatic shutdown if cpu fan fail OFF before watercooling"

thanks for the help guys, that was the problem... just needed to turn "halt on _____" to nothing.
;)

-David

Back