• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1st attempt...failure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigsoomo

whats up guys, my first attempt was foiled by some minor leaks. i had it running for a day then bam got home from work and barbs from my res popped up some water, very small but it leaked =( i gooped it up so i got to wait. anyone have any tips on how to keep them tight without harming the tubing?

Give us a pic of your innards.

The only way i know to prevent leaky barbs is to tighten metal screw clamps (not plastic) nice and snug up around each barb. I had your same prob at first, and it was due to not tightening the clamps enough. You won't damage the tubing enough to worry about it.

i had the metal screw clamps, mayb i should tightned harder. Well I took it apart so i could goop it up, I noticed only one barb leaked and where the res barbs are water was popping up...its super gooped up now il take pics when its done...

it was coming from barb-res. the only one that leaked was the heatercore barb to tube, i think it was because i used vasoline on that one because the other one didnt leak and i didnt put any on that one.

if it is not the clamps, then you can mend a minor leak with a judicious bead of JB Weld pasted discretely around the barb/res interface. I have done this to good and permanent effect. It's pretty easy.

bigsoomo said:
i had to goop it up because my holes for the barbs were to big =/...forgot to mention that pics will be up tomoro after work...

Yeesh, use a reducer then, don't "make" the barb bigger using goop.

gooped up

sup guys, finally got my digicam back...here are the pics of my gooping! o yeah and can anyone tell me what that white crap is? it showed up on my first leak test...

Attachments

• goop.gif
    goop.gif
    49.1 KB · Views: 51
Back