• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K8V Deluxe HELP?! :-)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drewmister

I have a friend with the Asus K8V Deluxe and the AMD 64 3200+. I have been helping him overclock and I need some help with it. First of all his system is:

Asus K8V Deluxe
AMD 64 3200+ cooled w/ thermaltake venus 7+
geforce fx 5600
2x512 Infineon pc3200 (ddr400)

Since the multipliers are locked and i am not looking into soldering the chip we started out with FSB overclocking. I need a few suggestions though. We reached about 210 ok but over that it is unstable and i am unsure why. His temps are fine 40-50c after benchmarking but I just cant seem to keep stability beyond that. We did similar before but upped the VCore voltage for more stability but his stock PSU blew. I am not sure that the extra voltage was helping stability

What I was wondering was what are the limitations here?

1) Is there a pci/ agp lock on this mobo? (I searched site and have a feeling there isn't)
2) Where is the cpu / mem ratio? (Bios Verson = 1.005 beta)
3) What are all the voltages (Vdimm, Vlink etc.) cause the only one I am familiar with is VCore. I especially need to know which one is the memory.
4) Is the ram being overclocked the issue (I ask this because he has 2 sticks and he let someone else borrow one. Then his system would not boot with 210 fsb. put it back in and it booted. took it back out wouldn't boot [interesting discovery])

any help on this would be great!
I appreciate it alot and ocforums.com RULES!!!!!

Also if there is no pci/agp lock are their new dividers past 200 like 1/7pci at 233 (233/7 = 33mhz) and 1/3.5 agp (233/3.5 = 66) or is this board engineered so badly that you simply have to overclock everything past 200 fsb....

Last edited:
well to ne one who cares....

there is a pci lock at 33mhz but i dont think there is one on the agp....

the mem ratio is really weird!!! opteron and amd 64 do not run on the normal memory ratio!.... normaly

200fsb -- at 5:3 -- 120mhz (ddr240)

however with this is totally off! In the opteron and amd 64 processors the memory is NOT dependent upon the fsb but rather the running speed of the processor...

so...

200 -- at 5:3 -- 166mhz (ddr333)

their is an article on overclockers.com that explains it that the memory ratio is determined by a divisor of the cpu clock speed....
the default 1:1 gives a 10 divisor of 2ghz = 200mhz (ddr400)

however with the ratio 5:3 the divisor is 12 (i dont know how they get 12 from the ratio 5:3) and 2ghz /12 = 166mhz (ddr333)

just if anyone wanted to know this information....

linky to article http://www.overclockers.com/tips00457/

Don't think there is a pci and agp lock on any VIA KT800 board ,hope I'm wrong though .
Run the divider at 1:1 for best performance.

there is no pci/agp lock, and according to the article, to overclock on these things, it req's you actually downsize the clock speed and increase the FSB. that FSB would give you more data transfer/clock cycle, and most likely better performance than keeping the 1:1 ratio.

Last edited:
Back