• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finished my new wc setup...pic

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NinjaZX6R

RAM Junkie
Hey Guys,

Nothing special, but I am proud of it. It is my first successful water cooling that I built myself. Had a thermaltake aquarius II before, but we all know how those are. Anyway, pump is a quiet one 1200, water block is a zalman ZM-WB2, radiator is a black ice micro (its really the only thing I could fit), and it is regular 3/8" tubing with a tline. Temps are 35c idle, 41c load. They could be better with a better fan on the radiator, but geez, I'm LOVING the silence. Sure is a huge step from my slk-900 with a tornado fan. Anyway, thanks for looking, and comments welcome!!!!

-Collin-

Attachments

• dscf0008_sm.jpg
    dscf0008_sm.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 292
Looks good. Clean routing. Those are very good temps for the cpu heat load with the small radiator. What is the cpu voltage?

I'd keep the T-line capped since the top of the T-line looks lower than the cpu block. If the pump was turned off, the water in the block would try to exit via the T-line unless it was capped air-tight.

Nice! is that the yellow chieftec? i was going to get one of those to use for my new system but i changed my mind and went and got a red one.

You know its quite easy to remove the bottom hdd cage and fit a nice heatercore in there. That should improve your temps somewhat.

You still have both drive cages in? Is your radiator inside your case? That radiator must be really small then. Nice set-up by the way :D. My stuff should be here in a few days and I cant wait to set it all up.

My voltage is as 1.825, but the NF7-S undervolts a bit <---no pun intended :) It is probably more like 1.8. Also, I figured out how to take the lower drive cage out, but the shelf that holds it is riveted in or something like that. After an hour of yanking on it, I got frustrated and bought a smaller radiator. The T-Line is capped now. Thanks guys!

-Collin-

nice, i was thinkin about buying that same block but putting diff fittings on it, sexy temps for having that kind of restriction and how small the rad is

SK8 said:
nice, i was thinkin about buying that same block but putting diff fittings on it, sexy temps for having that kind of restriction and how small the rad is

And if you ever need to put it back in a riviter is 16$ at homedepot, + 5$ for 100 rivets.

so...if I might ask: what is wrong with the fittings it comes with? Is it because it doesn't come with 1/2"? The craftsmanship on this block is amazing. Wish you could see the bottom of this thing....its just beautiful. Weighs a ton though.

-Collin-

ZM-WB2_b2.gif

ZM-WB2_b1.gif

Yeah the block itself looks nice but those fittings are surely not 1/2. Kinda like the Innovatec blocks with 8mm fittings.

But overall you have a nice clean looking setup :)

bigsoomo!!! What up g dawg??? lol. Thanks for the praises. Good luck with yours. If you didn't live so damned far away I'd come check it out with you! lol

-Collin-

Back