• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chaintech 7nil1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

letitbe

Registered
Chaintech 7nil1with theNforce2 400ultra

I'm new to overclocking. Just done some reading. How does a Chaintech 7nil1 look for overclocking? It has the nForce 2 400 Ultra chip set,is compatable up to AMD XP 3200+, up to 3G of Dual DDR 400, supports AMD 266/333/400Mhz FSB. I was hoping to use a AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton AQXEA chip. Any thoughts on this board? Thanks.
R.L.H.

Last edited:
just about every nforce2 board is good, so you should have some pretty good results on this.

I just ordered the same board for 55.00 and have a similar plan. My problem is I ordered the 2500 barton retail from zipzoomfly.com last week, so unless I get damn lucky ima have a locked processor.

Aero7+ is my cooling....the one i found was 28 bucks which is sweet for jet-style cooling.

my bottleneck will be my RAM. the good ram has to wait until next paycheck; for now I'm stuck using 2x256 pc2100 (go ahead and laugh, it was for my old pally) DDR.

THankfully I get to reuse my ti 4200 128mb v-card and twin 30gb hds.

Stuck?

Being stuck with any kind of DDR mem is not that bad either. I've got a 950 Gateaway LOL. Maxed out to 768MB RAM. So I'll be flyin when I get this thing done. Its likely to be 3 or 4 months for me! Have to catch back up on bills after the MB,POW&case. Good luck on yours,
R.L.H.

Back