• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting an Abit NF7-S Ver 2.0, Memory Choices

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Octavian

Registered
I currently have 2 sticks of HyperX PC3500 that I understand have issues with the NF7-S V 2, so I have sold it and am buying new memory.

I was thinking either:

Corsair XMS PC3500 (2x256)

-or-

Mushkin Level II PC3500 (2x256)

unless someone has a third suggestion. Plan to continue my overclocking habits, so I want memory that will work well with the NF7-S v2, and overclock well.

Thanks!

Out of those two, definetly go with the Mushkin Level II. That stuff has the guaranteed BH5 Winbond chips which are so good for overclocking. You shouldn't be dissapointed.

BTW, the NF7/Hyper-X problems were fixed long ago. You probably wouldn't have had any probs with your Hyper-X

CalsonicGTR said:
Out of those two, definetly go with the Mushkin Level II. That stuff has the guaranteed BH5 Winbond chips which are so good for overclocking. You shouldn't be dissapointed.

BTW, the NF7/Hyper-X problems were fixed long ago. You probably wouldn't have had any probs with your Hyper-X

Fixed by? (or who I should say). According to Kingston's website, they acknowledge the problem.

As far as I know, it was all in a BIOS fix awhile back. Many people (including me) are running HyperX without a problem.

I believe it is more specific to the HyperX 3500. If you go to Kingston's website under support, they have a note in there recognizing the instability of the HyperX 3500 with the Abit NF7 series.

They, of course, advised that you should flash your mobo with the latest bios. Sure - when things go wrong, just flash the freaking mobo.

Back