• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First water cooling system, and question..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raph

Registered
Any comments are welcome, see sig for temps :D

closed.jpg

cpu_memory.jpg

everythingclose.JPG

full.jpg

Now here's my question..

I cant for the life of me go over this speed, if I go one mhz higher on the fsb it's just not stable. The cpu is running at 1.65v, and the memory is running (at it's max) at 2.85... a friend is advising me that my problem at this point is my memory voltage, but I'm hoping it's not..

Any ideas on how I can get this overclock higher? I really want to reach for 3.4 :(

I'm sorry, the voltage is at 1.7 - I tried putting the voltage to even 1.8 and still the stability doesn't change..

memory timings are loose like a goose, 3-4-4-8

Those are the stock timings on your RAM, as thats what the PC4000 is rated at. This is (from what i understand) why people buy PC3200 or 3500 with Bh5 chips to overclock.

I use AMD, and im not a speciallist in AMD or Intel, but i do know in AMD that 1.8-2.0 voltage is common for people with the cooling to handel it. But if youve already tryed that then i dunno.

How high can you get with a 5:4 divider, i know 1:1 is better, but trying it might help you pinpoint the problem easier.

I think it may be time for someone else to chime in and help me....

1.55v is stock for intel.
if raising your vcore doesn't help with stability then it's your ram (or board).
Try a 5:4 divider and see how high it'll go

I've tried the divider as well, but for some reason I didnt see any difference.. I'll give it another go and let you guys know..

Back