• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Speeds in BIOS.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quattro

Hello,

If I set my memory speed to 83% in the BIOS will it be okay?
I want to run 218+FSB and my memory won't have it, if I run it at 83% which is around 204mhz is that okay, or am I about to do something very dangerous and stupid?

Thanks.

this not dengerous i can boot up 220 but what kind of ram are u using if uare using pc 2700 your pc will becaume instable at this fsb if uhave pc 3200 or higher this should be normal and your pc will work fine
so good luck

What I was going to do was have my FSB@220 and set the ram spd to 83% which is 204MHZ. My ram is PC3200.

this much better to set the memory to 100% that mean memory=fsb u will increase with this the system performance try 204 fsb and 100% memory speed run prime 1 hour if there is no error try to inrese the fsb more and retray with prime
u can with this get the optimal settting of your cpu and memory with the best performance

if u set memory to 83% your cpu will work at 204 *mutiplcator and memory will run at this speed 204*83/100=169.32
as u said u have pc 3200 u can run at 100% memory without probleme your memeory support 200 fsb

Back