• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Criticool Wildfire (Orange) UV dye - Pictures!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

felinusz

Senior Overclocking Magus
A while ago a couple people where asking around about Orange UV reactive water dye.

I promised to post some pics when my Orange Criticool Wildfire dye arrived, so here they are!

The first picture is of a cup of distilled water, with a Q-Tip soaked in the dye dipped in it. I stirred up the water with the Q-tip, and then turned on a UV light Cathode, and turned off the room lights.

The colour qualty is pretty bad, and the dye looks a bit yellowish in the picture - in comparison the UV reactive sleeving also in the picture glows a bright orange under UV (and also looks yellowish in the picture) - the dye looks a lot nicer, and more Orange in real life :)

Below is the uploaded image:

Attachments

• myimage.jpg
    myimage.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 555
This second picture is of the same cup of water with the lights on. Peculiar, but this dye makes the water turn a pinkish red colour.

If yiu use Dexcool antifreeze (Orange in colour) the pinkishness doesn't come through (with about 10% Dexcool in the water, with about a Q-tip worth of dye in each up of water) though, so it isn't too big of a problem.

This stuff looks nice, and I can't wait to get it into my vircuit, when I get around to putting it back together ;)

If you want Glowy Orange water, this tuff is a good deal for the cost.

www.criticool.com is where I got it.

Attachments

• myimage2.jpg
    myimage2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 420
felinusz said:
A while ago a couple people where asking around about Orange UV reactive water dye.

I promised to post some pics when my Orange Criticool Wildfire dye arrived, so here they are!

The first picture is of a cup of distilled water, with a Q-Tip soaked in the dye dipped in it. I stirred up the water with the Q-tip, and then turned on a UV light Cathode, and turned off the room lights.

The colour qualty is pretty bad, and the dye looks a bit yellowish in the picture - in comparison the UV reactive sleeving also in the picture glows a bright orange under UV (and also looks yellowish in the picture) - the dye looks a lot nicer, and more Orange in real life :)

Below is the uploaded image:

Wow that looks pretty cool :)

nice stuff. Hey where did you get your uv lights? I picked one up from SVC and it barely gets my tubes to glow green. Yours seem to be plenty bright.

very nice, never new that color would be so bright under uv..
mm.. makes me thursty
Lothar5150 said:
Looks cool....like a glass of Orange Tang;)
lol! thats what i said when i saw it

Thats a hefty nice dye :)

Criticool has a nice selection of watercooled items and Sean the owner is one of the most trusted persons i've ever deal with.

GoingH2o said:
Criticool has a nice selection of watercooled items and Sean the owner is one of the most trusted persons i've ever deal with.

I totally have to agree. I go to criticool or Detek for everything. I have found Danny at Detek to be pretty cool too, but where Criticool ships from is a stones throw from me and all my packages get here overnight so I go to them more often. Hey even if they didn't I would still be a return customer!

likwidkool said:

I totally have to agree. I go to criticool or Detek for everything. I have found Danny at Detek to be pretty cool too, but where Criticool ships from is a stones throw from me and all my packages get here overnight so I go to them more often. Hey even if they didn't I would still be a return customer!

Ok, I love you now!!

every place I looked was all sold out of the Dtek Pro-Core combo...but not Criticool!! :D Thanks!

Back