• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you open up Via 1300 for silence mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kango

I have seen a web site with the mod but I don't know how to open this Via 1300 up. It seems to me that there is no possible way to do it. How did you do it?

you mean the part where it has 2 clip sides? After I opened it I saw an end cap and impeller. What do I do next?

Remove the impeller and magnet. take the white rod axely thing off (dont lose the black end caps). now, take some glue - i tried rubber cement, krazy glue, modling cement, and others - tured out Gorilla Glue works /really/ well. apply generous amounts, and once it's dried sandpaper it off so it doesnt touch anything and the wieght it ~even distributed~ ... then reassemble it and viola!
oh, and just so you know, the whole point of this is to make the impeller immobile (by gluing it to the magnet shaft).
hope this helps.

when I first did this mine rattled like hell for a couple months, then it got super quiet. sounds great now. I have to check to make sure it's still on sometimes.

At first I tried GlitterGlue and wait 30 minutes like the label said, and when I tried it didn't work. So I got pised off and get my self a hot glue gun in the garage and sealed it and started to pump in less than 5 minutes. Now it works like charm :D Thank guys

How do you know you won't accidently electrocute yourself when taking it apart. The idea of opening up a my via aqua worries me. (I use it in a reservoir.) How quiet does it become after this procedure?

Back