• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Look who's watercooled

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mumrah

Finally.

I got everything up and running this afternoon.
Via Aqua 1300 w/ silencer mod (worked!)
Maze 3-1 waterblock
Swiftech 240mm X 120mm radiator
Figi 1000mL water bottle
3/8" and 1/2" tubing
2 Vantec Stealth 120mm fans

All is well.
Temps are down to 46*C under load, and 44*C.. mind you that this is down from ~60*C idle and ~67*C under load.

Runs quite as hindu cow. Now, any suggestions for getting the temp down? the flow is Pump-WB-Res-Rad-Pump.. This is about the most efficient setup that i can get. the only other option would be pump-WB-rad-res-pump. i've got ASIII on there, but it's not totally smooth cause i didnt have a razor on hand when i applied it.

Any suggestions are welcome. I'll post pics if i ever get my hands on a digital camera :).

-David

Are you using the TEC in your system? The maze 3-1 has a TEC, if not, it's just maze 3.

hmm
well then appears i have a maze 3... odd. i could swear i got the 3-1.. whateva

Allright :)

maze3a_thumb.gif

maze31c_thumb.gif

That is the difference between the maze3 and maze3-1
As you can see the maze3-1 has to be used with a TEC.

Why didnt you purchase the maze4? What is the size of tubing you're using, from your post your said 3/8 & 1/2, I suggest you go for 1/2 tubing in all the setup. I woul re-seat the waterblock using AS5 and let it settle for some days, see if you record any changes.

i got the maze 3 because, well i'm not sure. i guess i missed that. oops. oh well. i'm getting another soon cause this is a dually set up. changing to 1/2" tubing would be kinda tough since my via aqua is 3/8" and my radiator barbs are 3/8" also.

why would you order a maze 3-1 without a tec? your not using a maze 3-1 without a tec i hope? that would explain high temps if you are using a 3-1 without the tec, the copper would be to thick to do any real good.

nice dude, glad you fixed your problem, thank goodness it didn't crack, lol.
hm.. what usually works for me to lower temps is remounting my waterblock.
after i remounted mine 3 times, temps dropped 7c from first installation.
what are ur case temp and ambient temp

I would try changing the flow to pump-WB-rad-res-pump and see if that helps much. That would provide the warmest water to the radiator helping it dissipate heat more efficiently.

any solution with the less amount of tubing would be best. when the heat is dissipated is insignificiant to what some extra waterflow/pressure can provide.

tubing is at a minimum as of now. and i did not get a maze 3-1, just a maze 3. i'll try remounting tomorrow, and reapply the ASIII with a razor edge. would a shim help?

shim is just security for you cpu, won't help heat transfer, might make it worse if not installed right, lol.
thought about try AS5 or ceramique?

i may eventually, but there's no availible locally, and shipping makes it like 15 bucks for a tube.. oh and ambient temps are 30* C

whoa.. for 30c ambient, those temps are pretty good, lol
thats 14c over ambient
my cpu runs 14-18(over ambient) @ load

oh, well sweet. heh. well, apperently my enermax fan controller doesnt deliver the full 12v the 120mm fans need. so i plugged them strait into the rail and they started going a little faster. then i noticed my rad was very dusty. cleaned it. now cpu temp is 43*C, ambiant 30*C..

oRIDDLERo said:
46*C under load is kinda hot for my tatse is that froom a temp probe or some off beat bios reading?
that's from PC Alert III, so bios reading

dude, he has 30c ambiant, its close to impossible to get better temps w/o upgrading the block and pump...
+14c sound about right to me for watercooling and overclocked machine.

so should i be expecting any better temps with this pump and block? average diff between ambient and cpu is ~15* C

necromanx13x said:
+14 seems like a lot to me for a watercooling setup. I only get +6 over ambient at full load.

duh? you got Eheim pump and BIX. He has Via so... beside you got WW too.
It sounds just abit high but that maybe the air flow problem, or the rad just doesnt do a goo job. 30c ambient is high. Where do you live?

Back