• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reacuring prob w/ K7S5a

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Puer Aeternus

I have 2 k7s5a's, one of them is up and and running but constantly repoots itself upon entering windows, sometimes it even reboots before. I figured maybe the PS so I switched them..same prob. set the cpu to 100/00, same prob, switched cpu's, same prob. So I took it all out and put it all in the other board..exact same board and it still reboots at windows or before. I think it may be the ram...any suggestions?
I dont have any spare ram to test(not willing to risk my good ddr in that mobo).
Yes, I did swap the ram(2x256) and tried single sticks. On one stick it will post then hang on the post screen. the other stick the rig will not post, both sticks the rig will post and boot into windows then reboot itself???:rolleyes:

I dunno.....:confused:

On another Forum There was a fellow who had exactly the same prob as me and then I googled K7S5A and found a tech forum full of peeps w/ exactly the same problem...I have yet to trudge thru the posts as there are so many and solutions arrange from changing ram, pressing the bios chip to summoning a Shaman:rolleyes:

Back