• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant get 200 FSB on NF7-S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deception``

I am still having some problems with my new setup. I can't get my barton 2500+ to run @ 200 fsb for the life of me. Last night I had it runnin @ 3200+ on 1.82 Vcore/2.8 Vdimm/1.7 Chipset, but I cant' even get it @ 200 fsb anymore WITH THOSE SETTINGS. Something seems wierd. I think my ram is good so I'm wondering if my cpu or my mobo is not working properly. I recently flashed to bios 20, which is slightly better than 19 and definitely better than 10, but I still can't get a decent fsb past 193. Is an RMA in order? I have the barton runnin at stock but if it's gonna do this it seems a bit like a waste. BTW I have tweaked my bios and windows and done everything that seems to be in order, but I just want some more advice before I just into more trial and error with the o/c. My guess is that the board needs an RMA, but its my first time with this board so I'd appreciate any suggestions. TY

SPECS:
Barton 2500+
NF7-S 2.0 Bios 20
SP-97; 92 MM Tornado
Mushkin Black Level II PC 3500
Antec TP 550W
Sapphire 9800 Pro
Everything @ stock (until I fix this problem)

Locked Bartons are able to hit 200FSB easily. Most can do it at stock voltages as well.

Tell me, were you able to hit 200FSB using any other BIOS version. If you were, you should probably go back to using that BIOS version. If that isnt the case, however, then it sounds like there is something wrong with the board. The NF7-S is guaranteed to run a 400FSB Barton (3200+, or 11X200FSB 2500+). Think about RMA'ing it.

Back