• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thanks everyone - I finally did it - WC'ed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bailey

Thanks - I finally did it - WC'ed - PICs added

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here that takes the time to provide all the information about WC.

It took me a full day to install the stuff, but a lot of that was due to the size of the case (Tt LanFire - it's small) & being overly careful.

I'm sitting here w/ the main 120mm @ less than 1/2 speed - it's quiet & MBM is reading 33*. I played some games last night & the highest temp I got was 41* (down from 48* & w/ the fan @ the same speed setting).

All & all I'm pretty happy with the setup, it's cool & quiet.

The funniest part is that I had all the "fixins" for WC several years ago & I chickened out (it was pretty esoteric then - lol). Sure glad I made the jump this time.

Thanks again everyone, I don't think I would/could have done without the "search" function on this board :)

WC1.jpg

WC2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer. I took some pics & I'll post 'em tomorrow when I get to my server @ work.

In the first pic you can see the BECooling "Slit Edge" water block & the homemade reservoir (ala VirtualHideout).

In the second pic you can see my homemade/ghetto fan duct. It's simple 1" nylon standoffs (isolated w/ rubber washers) wrapped with aluminum tape. I would have preferred a heater core, but given the lack of space the BIX seems to be working pretty well. The rad is isolated from the case using rubber gasketing material.

If you're familiar with the size of a maxijet then you can see just how little room I have in the LanFire case (most of which is taken up w/ the FX5900 - lol).

I've been accumulating the parts since last Nov, but I think the total cost was less than $150.

Last edited:
Bump for pics & ...... the next step will be to WC the 5900 & have one less fan going (though I can't hear it).

I like this. It looks almost exactly like one of 2 options I invision for my WC setup (which is on hold due to $). My other favorate is GibletPlus's rig, which has the same rad as me.

Back