• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton 2600+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RageATM

Hello All,

I have a 2600+ Barton, Abit NF7s v2, 1gig of Crucial PC-3200,Thermalright SP-97, cooling is by 1 tornado on the cpu, 1 in the front of the case. 2 fans on the back, 1 side window, and 1 in the front blowing on the harddrives. Antec 550W Power Supply.

My question is what would be the way togo with overclocking this system? My temps avg 42c load 23c case. I didnt have any Arctic Silver at the time so I used the stuff that came with the SP-97.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks for the reply.

Alittle after posting I went to pickup some AS-5 and my load temps now running prime are 36c - 22c so looks like it dropped 6 degrees from using the stuff that came with the SP-97 :) I just put alittle dab on and slowly wiggled the HS left and right. From what i heard AS-5 takes alittle time to really kick in so my temps might get better. THink i will wait afew days to start overclocking.

Back