• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bugs asus and the bios coruption

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

makaka

i have broken the second bord due a bios corruption the mobo is dead and refuse to post
the probelem is desciption here
http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15104

i have today received a confirmation that in the abit mobo the probleme is solved with bios update 14d version or higher
but what about asus it still having the probleme
i have contacted asus but not received any replay
be careful asus user when adjusting setting in bios it may corrupt at any time high fsb or wrong memery timing...

i have used the lastest bios 1007 and uberbios borth have the same probleme
any one know if asus is working to get a fix ?

I know of a fix of sorts - it is called a BIOS savior, and you can buy it from www.frozencpu.com . If you don;t want to just get a different board than the A7N8X, then this inexpensive gadget may be your soloution.

They cost about $20, and you need model "RD-1 PMC4".

When I had this board I had to have had about 30 someodd BIOS corruptions, which I hotflash fixed myself using a spare BIOS chip. The BIOS savior makes it a lot easier, and painless too (no BIOS IC switching with the computer powered on ;)).

I now use this device with an ABIT NF7-S, and it works great. But wouldn't you know I haven't had a BIOS issue yet? :rolleyes:

I think most peeps here have experienced this Bios Corruption. I certainly did and my fix is another Bios chip and hot flash.

I have ordered a pair of Mushkin PC 3500 Level II ( 2 X 512) and I will see if this memory will help me push my rig beyond the Bios Checksum error I get while OCing in dual channel and single channel w/tigh memory settings. I will report back soon on this to all Asus users.

There is a user on this board that sells BIOS eeprom chips cheaper than what you can get them through a store...

Do a quick search for bios chips and you'll find his thread. There is nothing to replacing the BIOS chip, so it's probably the best way to go.

Although the BIOS savior thingie is great, but I don't want more stuff in my pc, and a little pricey too IMO

Back