• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

better pump or tubing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sup3rcarrx8

Which would be a bigger improvement to improve my cooling. My tubing right now is clearfex 60 and it's 1/2". My pump is a Maxi Jet MP900. Also would it better and faster water flowign through the tubes help it cool? That's basically what i'm deciding on.

What exactly do you mean by better tubing? You're already at 1/2", do you mean going to 5/8".

At any rate, upgrading your pump would undoubtebly be more beneficial. However, I'm don't know the stats on your pump. How many blocks are you running? Give us an idea about your rig.

Last edited:
I"m running a athlon xp 2500 with a maze 3 and then a pretty old heatercore with two 80mm fans for now. The fans are from coolermaster, the ones that have the leds with them- so those are the other cause of my bad temps i'm guessing. I ordered a two 92mm tornadoes though the other day so that should solve my temp problem right guys? I'm getting a 40C idle and 42C load temps right now which is how hot they were when i had my slk-600 with a tmd fan. The most i can probably spend on a pump is maybe $100 max, nothing special and can be both used inside and outside water. Thanks.

sup3rcarrx8 said:
I ordered a two 92mm tornadoes though the other day so that should solve my temp problem right guys?

Yay, someone besides me that will use tornados on their wc. Mine are deltas though. Same specs... do you have a nexus to control them though.

defeating the purpose , 92mm tornados ARE LOUD! get some blowers off surpluscenter.com mine should be here later this week :) , also $100 for a pump is a GOOD amount of cash , you can spend 30 - 40 for a mag3 and save the rest for somthing else and your system will be amazing! mayby a new rbx for ya!

Your pump really isn't too bad. If anything, get a better waterblock. If you have $100 to spend, you might as well get a WW or RBX and a Mag 3. If you want to spend less, just grab a WW or RBX.

Hey SK8, when you said get some blowers, what do you mean? Never heard of a blower or whatever. What do they do?

p.s. does anyone know any pumps that are sold in petstores like petsmart or petco that can be used in watercooling?

Oh yeah Nitro, yes i do have something that will control my tornadoes - i just ordered some 4-pin to 3-pin connectors off svc.com yesterday. Hope they work. ^^

Back