• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My nikhsub1 watercooled cube wannabe [56k Beware]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Soja

I picked up these cases for 10$ each A/R w/ 350 watt Enermax psus at Fry's on blackfriday just because, well they were 10$ :D. I ended up putting together this cube inspired by Nik's rig/layout. The airtrap came about from bigben2k's design. Anyone have any tips on taking dark shots? I can never get mine to come out well.

AirTrap.jpg

DarkShot.jpg

FrontTop.jpg

FullView.jpg

Wow, great work! I spy a single pass heatercore, danner pump and WWR.

Very cool setup! :)

For dark shots, either use the flash, or set the camera on something. If you have the camera set on something, you can turn the ISO to its lowest setting, and the aperature to its highest setting, and get great shots. What camera are you using?

Aww, I was expecting another mountain mod cube.. :) Nah, lookin nice and clean though.
You sure got a deal on those cases.

I'm using my sister's Vivitar 3330 1.3 mp. I'm trying to figure out all the settings/options as we speak :p

Giblet Plus! said:
You should do something to the front of the left case to increase airflow through the heatercore.

Yeah, I had to try all different sorts of configurations (push/pull/exhuasts/intakes) to try to get it close to free flow air through the core without the front panel on. After adding in the 120mm intake at the top I got within 2c of free flow.

MrMOSFET said:
What model case are you using? they look pretty slick!

Enermax CS-125-B

Lookin nice man:) great work.
maybe the air trap could be changed so you dont have that big 90 degree fitting

Jon

JFettig said:
Lookin nice man:) great work.
maybe the air trap could be changed so you dont have that big 90 degree fitting

Jon

I had it without the elbow at first but the distance between my core and airtrap was so short I had to basically make a U. Anyway, it didn't seem to hurt my temps so it worked out.

sandman001 said:
Could you explain the airtrap?

Nice setup BTW.

Check that procooling link in my first post, it should explain most of it.

Sweet Soja. Looks very clean on the mobo side.

At first I couldn't figure out why you left the radiator on the same side of the "cube" as the mobo. "Why would he want the heat on the mobo side?" I kept looking and all of a sudden I noticed that there hardly any cables visible. Like Lazlo siad. "Very Nice".

Very nice Soja. I too like the clean look with the cables on the backside. The only thing left now would be some kinda mod to the huge face on that box. Maybe something futuristic, encorporating a chrome grilll over the rad area or somethng.

I was thinking about something like that sanssheriff. I planned to make a single face with acrylic but I decided it would have looked worse than the faces on it already because of my inferior cutting skills :p

Back