• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Silverprop Fusion HL GPU Block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ninety6

Registered
Anyone using one of these. I saw a post by Pauldenton earlier with this block available at criticool.com. I'm thinking of replacing my POSSIBLY corroded Maze4 GPU block. I just found out today that the top is actually anodized aluminum and I only had about 5% Zerex running in it for FOUR months. I just replaced my water and tubes yesterday but I didn't open my gpu block. I saw some slight greenish color in my water but it could be the result of Betadine.

There are no reviews of this block yet as far as I know. The height seems to be almost the same as the Maze4 GPU block.

waterblock%20-%20gpu%20-%20fusion%20sl%202.jpg

Wish Cathar makes the Cascade GPU block available soon. Is it still in progress Cathar? Thanks :)

I don't know how well it performs... but it is one of two GPU blocks without aluminum that people have suggested to me. It is really a shame that Swifty & company us Al. in their blocks.

Well, it certainly looks really professional and nice :)

Does anyone know of any performance reviews between it, the Swiftech MCW 50, and the MAze 4 GPU?

96 - I would open up your MAze 4, and check out the condition of the Aluminum interior before getting a new block, as it may not be corroded.

I ran my old MCW 5000A with about 10% Prestone Dexcool for about a month or two, and I opened it up before selling it here to make sure the Aluminum Interior was O.K. - it was totally fine, and the anodized aluminum looked just as perfect as it did the day I bought it.

Sigh..I just replaced my water..heh..I guess I have no choice..I'll open up my Maze4 GPU soon.

Looks nice for a GPU block. Suddenly I find myself contemplating about watercooling the videocard after all... :D

The block looks great, but it looses points with the cheezy plastic push pins with very weak looking springs. The block is copper and brass, not the lightest materials. One would think that it would ship with a more secure mounting method. not to forget about the forces being applied from the tubing.

With all that said, I think that Still want one, of course I will have to add my own mouning hardware to it. personnaly i think that any of the waterblocks on the market for the gpu will perform well, the gpu doesn't get all that hot, even with hugh overclocks. I have my 5900 at 565/975, my 5950 at 610/1020 & my 9800pro at 485/824 and I use a maze4 gpu on all three, and my temps never get more than 4-5 degrees above ambient, and that is during heavy benching.

Rokk1972 said:
The block looks great, but it looses points with the cheezy plastic push pins with very weak looking springs. The block is copper and brass, not the lightest materials. One would think that it would ship with a more secure mounting method. not to forget about the forces being applied from the tubing.

With all that said, I think that Still want one, of course I will have to add my own mouning hardware to it. personnaly i think that any of the waterblocks on the market for the gpu will perform well, the gpu doesn't get all that hot, even with hugh overclocks. I have my 5900 at 565/975, my 5950 at 610/1020 & my 9800pro at 485/824 and I use a maze4 gpu on all three, and my temps never get more than 4-5 degrees above ambient, and that is during heavy benching.

Good points about the mounting.

Big difference when compared to aircooling though. With space so limited, manufacturers had to produce dual slot designs with high RPM fans and sometimes even a special intake. In product reviews, I read reported temps above 50C still.
The relatively poor performance of aircooling here, as well as the noise factor, make me think that watercooling it may be a good idea after all.

Yeah, I'm no fan of the plastic-spring mounting method myself, even though it is convenient. Clip force isn't high enough.

Screws, bolts, and nylon washers easily remedy that situation, however - and allow for an excellent block like that to maximize its cooling potential.

Back