• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a cheap motherboard. Computer just for net surfing.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Binow

Going to put an extra computer together for my gf. I'll probably only put XP Pro and Office XP Pro on it. She'll probably have AIM and small things like that but nothing to intense. At first I was thinking ABIT nForce2 IGP Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU, Model "NF7-M" -RETAIL $99.99 I was only going to get that one because of the built in vidoe. But I have an old video card to throw in the computer. All I need is cpu+mobo. I have all the other pieces laying around. Any suggestion?

What our humble brother Lanman :D forgets to mention is our beloved Shuttle AN35N Ultra ($55.00) and pair it with an unlocked XP1700+ ($60) and your video card. You'll have a nice little rig for surfing and the like, decent onboard sound, LAN & USB2. Then if you ever decide you want to maximize your purchase, throw in 2 x 256mb Buffalo\Winbond PC3200 ($80) and OC it to 210-220FSB and 2.2Ghz--2.3Ghz. This board should serve you for quite some time to come.

Regards, Balrog

You're very much right. I was thinking really really cheap :~. Anyways that is an excellent matchup. Get your g/f into overclocking.

Balrog said:
What our humble brother Lanman :D forgets to mention is our beloved Shuttle AN35N Ultra ($55.00) and pair it with an unlocked XP1700+ ($60) and your video card. You'll have a nice little rig for surfing and the like, decent onboard sound, LAN & USB2. Then if you ever decide you want to maximize your purchase, throw in 2 x 256mb Buffalo\Winbond PC3200 ($80) and OC it to 210-220FSB and 2.2Ghz--2.3Ghz. This board should serve you for quite some time to come.

Regards, Balrog

agreed =)

Back