• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swifttech waterblock question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BeerHunter

I am interested in installing these blocks but I don't understand what I need to order to connect the tubing to them.
MCW5000-A_small.jpg

Do I just "plug" the tubing inside those two holes? If so how does it come out?

Very confused.

Raideon9700mcw50_small.jpg
Here they show it with tubes running to it.

Then
mcw50-w1-2barb.jpg
here they show it with "barbs".

The swifty blocks use press fittings. You install something in the end of the tube, then put it in the fitting. Or, like shown, you can press some barbs into the block and then use 1/2" ID tubing. With the press fittings, you have to use 1/2" OD tubing.

Despite looking really iffy, they *are* totally waterproof. If you do get a swiftech waterblock, also getting the tube adaptors for 1/2" ID tubing isn't a bad idea at all, as 3/8" ID is a bit of a bottleneck, because most pumps, radiators, etc. use 1/2" ID, and will be restricted considerably with 3/8" ID.

If you want to use 1/2" Tygon, then yes, you need the tube insert adaptors :)

But why pay lots of money for Tygon when 1/2" Inner Diameter Clearflex60, with 1/8" Walls, is only 65 cents a foot at www.mcmaster.com ? Clearflex is basically the same as Tygon, but cheaper.

Page 85 of the catalogue, listed as "Chemical tubing" (right beside Tygon) - it is actually Clearflex60 (I've ordered about 50 feet of it so far from them), and is an incredible deal ;).

felinusz said:
Despite looking really iffy, they *are* totally waterproof. If you do get a swiftech waterblock, also getting the tube adaptors for 1/2" ID tubing isn't a bad idea at all, as 3/8" ID is a bit of a bottleneck, because most pumps, radiators, etc. use 1/2" ID, and will be restricted considerably with 3/8" ID.

If you want to use 1/2" Tygon, then yes, you need the tube insert adaptors :)

But why pay lots of money for Tygon when 1/2" Inner Diameter Clearflex60, with 1/8" Walls, is only 65 cents a foot at www.mcmaster.com ? Clearflex is basically the same as Tygon, but cheaper.

Page 85 of the catalogue, listed as "Chemical tubing" (right beside Tygon) - it is actually Clearflex60 (I've ordered about 50 feet of it so far from them), and is an incredible deal ;).

Oh man you're a genius. I love saving money...:D. and you're right the swiftechs do look "iffy" but I read the reviews posted by Bill Adams (http://www.overclockers.com/articles720/index03.asp)on the main site and he seemed to like them. Also think they have a "clean" "refined" "Mass-market" look about them.

Again thanks.

Back