• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is that a temp sensor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Norris

Registered
On my MSI K7n2 Delta-L mobo under the CPU is a small component. It is stiff, but flexable, has two leads and a very small black rectangle at the end. I think it's a thermal sensor.

1. Is it a thermal sensor?
2. Should it be in contact with the bottom of the CPU?

Thanks

from what i have noticed.. nost sensors look like a green capacitor... kinda oblong... but mine the ILSR version doesnt have one... i know that...

I own the ILSR version of that board and mine has the same thing. Its a temp sensor, it can touch the cpu fine, its coated in plastic, so nothing will short out.

Hummm, a tricky litle thingy. I wasn't concerned about it shorting. If it is in contact with the CPU it should read a higher temp than if it is just in the cavity, not touching. Although, it's such a small space with no air flow I don't see how there would be a diference.

Back