• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCP600 OWNS Via aqua

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madcow235

I got my Mcp600 today, YAY FOR UPS, and let me tell you one thing this thing is AMAZING. I had some problems plugging it in because it had a flimsy molex pin but besides that i am amazed at this things greatness. It gets me 15c better temps according to my crappy in board temp and its way quieter. Its also smaller and a way better shape. The one downside is it's expensive very very expensive, it was the only pump cooltechnica had in stock so i had to buy it, but from what i'm seeing it is worth the extra cash

Well somehow I lost 15c in my temps, might have been a remount or something since my last mount sucked methinks, anyways this mcp is so nice. The via was as dead as a doornail and its very sad really.

Most likely other factors played in the temp drop but it was a good thing regardless :thup:

Have you ever heard an Eheim 1048? Just wondering if it's as quiet. For me the pump has to be totally silent (when mounted in a case with rubber bands or whatever to eliminate the vibration transfer). :D

I love my mag3, its about 1.5-2x more powerful than MPC600 and its silent as long as you dampen its vibrations by settings it on some towels or something. I WOULD have gotten an mcp 600 if it was in my price range.

I should have waited 12hrs to post this :(. My via aqua atleast took 6months to break not 8hrs :( :( :(.

Lets see whats broken now that i tried to readjust some stuff:
Barb/intake housing is now cracked, I installed the reducer and heard a crack and look the housing is cracked.
That faullty molex is now even more at fault since the pin is now broken in half and there is no way to plug it in without soldering on new wires or installing new pins.

So now I'm back on a crappy 1ghz POS while I wait for reply from tech support which wont come until tommorow, which i have no school on and i was planning on gaming but now that is out of the picture.
This has been a bad week for me indeed

Lol...err...I guess it isnt that funny, but I think you should grab a mag3. Like I said, it vibrates like mad but once you dampen it its very quiet.

Im not buying a 3rd pump. This one will either be replaced or i will fix it by soldering on new leads and leaving the impellor housing like it is, its not going to leak it just bothers me.

Back