• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help, wont post!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smoothshady

Registered
hey guys, i decided to give watercooling a spin. I bought an RBX with the socket hold down since my Gigabyte ga-7n400 pro2 doesnt have the mounting holes, a via 1300, and a taurus heater core (everywhere out of chevettes). When the setup is complete and i turn on the computer it shuts itself off before it posts. When I take off the RBX and put my old heatsink back on it works perfect. This makes 0 sense to me. Does anyone have any idea whats wrong?

Your BIOS probably has a CPU fan detector. If it detects no fan for the CPU it will turn off automatically to prevent the chip from burning. Boot up with the heatsink then, disable this option, install your waterblock, then you should be able to boot up.

Also, if you have auto temp shutdown enabled and your waterblock is not seated properly it may shutdown instantly on boot.

Back