• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sold my Epox, went with a NF7-S 2.0.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Octavian

Registered
I switched from my 8rda+ 1.1, to a Abit NF7-S 2.0 and all I can say is wow!

I had a VERY nice OC with the Epox (12 x 208), but right now I am running 11.5 x 218 (2511) as stable as my Epox did 12 x 208. I never was able to get past 208 to 210 fsb on the 8rda+.

I also sold my Kingston HyperX PC 3500 and picked up some Corsair XMS PC3500 2 x 256, and it is also quite nice. My HyperX would not run on a C1 or Ultra 400 chipset, but was great on my a2/a3.

First night playing, no doubt will spend MANY more tweaking and testing, but after a year+ with 8rda+'s, I am very happy I made the switch to the Abit. Its quite a peice of hardware, no doubt.

Last edited:
Yea I went from 217 on my 8rda to about 215 right off the bat had to work for the rest on my old nf7-s and now this new one is much better then the old one or maybe it's the new ram I dunno but either way I like my nf7-s's also.

Well, the latest settings I am running (stable) are in my sig...

11 x 228 (2515 mhz)

Definaltely converted me to an Abit fan.

Cut my overclocking teeth on the Epox mobo's, but this Abit rules.

Last edited:
Octavian said:
Well, the latest settings I am running (stable) are in my sig...

11 x 227 (2502 mhz)

Definaltely converted me to an Abit fan.

Cut my overclocking teeth on the Epox mobo's, but this Abit rules.

That's where I am running things although I am still running Hyper x pc3500 ch-5 1:1, had to drop to cas 2.5 though:( but still is pretty damn fast:)

Well i hate my Nf7-S,dont do better than my 2 8RDA+ rev.1-1,2.
My rev.1 do 217 without problems, and my Abit rev.2,0 does 218.

I learned the ropes on a few Epox 8rda+'s and cut my "ocerclocking teeth" on them. But they had limitations.

And since Epox in their infinate (sarcastically said) wisdom decided to stop making the 8rda line available to the US market I had no choice but to look elsewhere if I wanted to go Ultra 400 chipset. The 8rda3's don't impress me, and they don't have MCP-T. Plus, I wanted SATA as I am going to go with a WD Raptor HD.

Epox shot themselve in the foot bigtime by pulling the most popular Epox Mobo off the US market. Glad they did, because I LOVE the Abit. Great Bios, stable, good features, and totally buried my best Epox OC with the same CPU.

Granted, 12 x 208 on my Epox was damn nice for an XP 1700. But I had to do the Vdd mod, the Vdimm mod, etc... Alot of extra work, risk, expense and voided warranty, which I do not have with the Abit. And 208 fsb was the wall I hit, there was NO going past 208 stable.

I sold my Mobo to a nice guy that is just starting in the OC hobby, and its a proven performer with the mods done for him, so it went to a good home.

But I made the right choice by switching my loyalties to Abit.

Back