• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AN35N-Ultra and APIC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chasingapple

Hey all, even though I just got the mobo in the last week I have been having problems with USB and Memory speeds / timings so I decided to go ahead and format and DISABLE APIC. So far so good and I did notice the system is more responsive. I will update this thread as I go to inform on any other discoveries. USB is not giving me a problem now which is a good thing!

We shall see what overclocking brings me as soon as I get windows all updated and all my drivers installed properly :)

Ok small update, Sisoft Sandra is reporting faster memory benches and faster speeds with the multimedia bench. Quake 3 timedemo's are up by a few FPS, and HD performance is through the roof now. NO USB problems whatsoever and my memory seems to be alot more stable and memtest-86 stable.

None of my internal components are sharing IRQ's (I have little in there, lol) and all is right with the world right now.

Another update, I am now Prime 95 stable @ 200x10.5 1.75v for an effective 2.1Ghz. I wonder how far I can go? New memory coming in a few days (secret stuff, review coming soon) that should impress with speed :D

Hmm, still wont let me run my memory at stock speeds of DDR 333mhz but I can run it @ 200mhz all day long and memtest passed. As a matter of fact I HAVE to overclock on my SHuttle cause setting everything to stock speeds results in windows crashing on boot and memtest coming up with 15,000+ errors.

I have exhausted everything my experience has given me, any ideas out there or do you think I have a bad board?

All EQ tests perfectly fine on my ECS K7VTA3 Ver 5.0 board (KT333) at defaults just fine with memtest passing.

Help meeeeeee :D

Back