• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice on a good kit!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CasTroLTraN

Hi, I am completely new to water cooling. Currently I am running an a7n8x deluxe with barton 2800+ not OC. Even with a delta screamer @8000 rpm, my temperature on idle is 45'C and full load is 54'C. I have copper heatsink made by GlobalWin.
I need some advice on the price range of a good kit for less than $150. I really need WC because I want to be able to sleep at night, and to stop the family from complaining about my "damn" computer. My case is the Xaser III. Thx for reading this post.

DTek also has some very good kit options you might want to look into.

But like everyone will probably say - you're going to be happier all around with a DIY setup. It's worth it, trust me.

I'm thinking...DTek White Water for the block, Eheim 1048/1250 or Danner Mag 3 or Swiftech MCP600 for your pump, and a Chevette heatercore with one of DTek's shrouds should do you nicely. Grab the Clearflex from www.mcmaster.com and a good 120x38mm fan, and you should be good to go.

if you dont mind spending a lil bling bling then i would vote for one of the 1/2" kit's from Dangerden.com as they are very good quality and you want to go 1/2" if you go water.. it's just the best way IMO.. and there's not a Whole lot of kit's that offer that out of the box.

I have been reading about the different kits and I really the kits from Danger den but they are so expensive. Probably have to start saving my money from now on! What u guys think of the Thermaltake aquarius II?

for 150 dollars def go with the aquastealth kit.. its only a lil over 100 for the kit itself you'll prob have to get a few things your self to complete it but it'll be under 150

Thx. I have looked at the aquastealth kits and they are pretty nice and do fit in to my budget. I probably will get one from aqaustealth. All I need is the pump, radiator, reservoir, and CPU block? Not counting the hoses and coolant. Thx

kewl

thanks BeerHunter, the links helped a lot. Now I know what I need to buy. Thx for replying

The only things you'll need to add to one of Brian's kits is the hose, the coolant, and the clamps. $95 + shipping w/ a SlitEdge block is a good deal.

Back