• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Type of UV dye

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ad Rock

I just wanna start this thread by saying I tried to search for this topic but I couldnt find anything (any tips on searching for words that are only two letters). Anyway just wondering which UV dye product is the best that everyone has tried. This goes for terms of how bright it shows up under UV light and how long it lasts. Just so you know I want it to be a red color and not Pink :rolleyes: .

i think its the type of dye you get that determines the performance. i got blue dye that looks awesome when you pour it in, but after acouple hours its faded away.

I have been very happy using dye-lite, it is very bright and glows even brighter. It only took 5-6 drops of dye. I have tried other products from various places, but non could compare to dye-lite.

Rokk1972 said:
I have been very happy using dye-lite, it is very bright and glows even brighter. It only took 5-6 drops of dye. I have tried other products from various places, but non could compare to dye-lite.

I think I found what you are refering too:
http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/TP-TP3900-0601.html
It dosnt say what color it is, does it only come in one color? Also what color would that be :) .

Rokk1972 said:

Have you replaced your water yet? Did dye-lite stain your tubing?

Well I am bringing this thread back since I still havnt found the answer I am looking for. I want to know what a good RED uv dye would be. I would like it to be pretty bright and last a long time.

I hate these kind of questions.. What is real red?
No UW will give you real red light.
It's "not" in the light spectrum of UV. (won't be bright enough)
It may look like kind of red (this is with blank UV lights)

If you want red cooland, it's no problem. You can go to the gorsery, and buy some red food color.
That does not stain your tubes.
Add some red dye-lite and all looks cool!

But still, it ain't pure red with UV.

fhorst said:
I hate these kind of questions.. What is real red?
No UW will give you real red light.
It's "not" in the light spectrum of UV. (won't be bright enough)
It may look like kind of red (this is with blank UV lights)

If you want red cooland, it's no problem. You can go to the gorsery, and buy some red food color.
That does not stain your tubes.
Add some red dye-lite and all looks cool!

But still, it ain't pure red with UV.

Hrmmm I didnt know that. I just saw on vibecomputers.com that they were selling Red UV dye so I thought this product existed. The review on the site from a user said he didnt think it was that bright so I was just wondering if there were any other brands. If not I guess I will have to try this stuff.

fhorst said:
It is availible, but it will look a bit pink. if you want real fresh looking red, you'll be looking at 100W power to get it :)

Hrmmm Pink hey. Well I might just give it a shot anyway, I really want UV reactive water :D.

Do they make red highlighter pens, because the dye in my yellow pen is freakin great. My box looks like a UFO at night and after 2 months of use the highlighter ink has not stained my tubing.

Last edited:
All of my water cooling parts will be coming tomorrow. I ordered UV Dye from frozencpu.com. This is what I'm going to use for UV reactive dye.......I think it stains your tubes, but oh well? I only paid 10-15 bucks for 10ft of clearflex so IF at some point I do need new tubing or wish to switch colors I can always order more tubing, no big deal to me. I can not comment on how well it works obviouslly, but.......Frozencpu is stating it's the best UV dye out there, lol......."The best".

I got my Orange UV dye from www.criticool.com - it's called 'Wildfire UV dye'. Having ordered orange - another colour besides red that often dissapoints because of it's paleness, and weak glow - I didn't have high hopes about how it woud look, and boy was I shocked when I saw it. (See below)

LINK TO THREAD ON UV ORANGE DYE FROM CRITICOOL

PICTURE

This stuff is crazy bright, looks great too :). I believe that they make a red flavour of this dye as well, and it might be worth checking out for the low price (Canadian store too - and they have an Alberta outlet IIRC) :)

i got some Auto AC tracer dye and it is more of a glowy goo and it wont mix with water so thats kinda bad and it STAINS!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!

Back