• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tebore

I was wondering what some of you have on your NB to keep em cool, the stock fan looks really dinky. I was planning on modding an SK6 and mounting it on, but I like to see what some of you have on there.

MODs: I didn't know where I would get more responses, so if it belongs in cooling go ahead and move it.

I use a Vantec Iceburg, it's all copper and comes with 2 extra hs's. One fits perfectly on the southbridge, and the other one, you can cut up and put on your mosfets. Be sure to use some good thermal paste like Artic Silver 5. And you should also lap your northbridge, as it's not even close to being flat.

I have one of those p3 heatsink/fan combo things that i had lying around. Its bigger than the stock heatsink, it has more fins and it has a 40mm fan that pushes a fairly good amount of air. I used AS epoxy to secure it to the NB.

For my SB and mosfets i had an old socket 7 heatsink that i cut up with a hacksaw to fit perfectly on the mosfets and SB and i again used AS Epoxy to secure em down.

I was wondering, what FSB and Voltages are you at? My northbridge and mosfets I could hardly even call warm.

I was always wondering- how do you lap your northbridge without doing damage to the board? Wouldn't the little bits of sand paper and north bridge get all over your board? :confused:

You can put electrical tape/seran wrap or whatever around the area you're lapping. And if you just make sure you clean off the board when you're done, you should be fine. I haven't tried it, but I've done similar things. *Shrug*

My mosfets only really get warm at 1.8v and above. I would consider mosfet cooling a necessity only if you're pushing a lot (1.95v+) through your CPU. Voltage fluctuation gets pretty bad when you're at that level - as much as .08v between idle and load. :eek:

I'm gonna get the board tomorrow I'm wondering if a SLK800u will have problems mounting to it? I know that it needs to be modded for the DFI Infinity but will it mount fine to the NF7-S without mods?

Back