• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick release barbs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ad Rock

Does anyone know where I can get some quick release style barbs like the ones on the swiftech blocks? I want to make my own GPU and North bridge block and would like to use these fittings. I am using 3/8 ID tubing if that is gonna be a problem ( I hope not). Any help would rule :D.

Not sure if there are Home Depot stores in Alberta.
Around here they seem to be carrying 3/8" quick connects.

Ok well I went to Home Depot and they only seem to sell these weird plastic ones that are not what I am looking for. I am looking for the ones swiftech uses or something similar so that I could solder them to the block I plan on making. Anyone seen these?

John Guest makes those, the only problem with that is that the correct size holes and everything have to be milled or turned. The total top thickness will have to be right around 1"

Jon

That sounds a lot more complicated than I expected. I dont why it needs to be as shouldnt they work in theroy just like barbs would? Bladerunner already helped me out with the type he was using so I think I am gonna pursue that path.

Back