• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my network card on my NF7-S v2 stoped working after installing a Durron

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AL Romero

i cant get my ethernet working. this happened right after i installed my Duron CPU and booted for the first time. i even call the cable company to see if they could help me get it working cuz i thought it was a conecting issue. in device manager it lists "network adapters." the only adapter there tho is a 1394 net adapter. it doesnt say nvidia ethernet like my friends pc says. does that mean the ethernet hardware on my mobo has stoped working? cuz my mobo was purchased on 10/05/03 so its only 3 months almost 4 months old. its pretty new to b having problems already.

Sounds like a driver thing. Go ahead and re-install the drivers for all of the mtoherboard stuff. I have an Abit kd7 and when installing it asked me if I wanted to install the network driver, since I don't do that, I said no and mine does not appear in the device manager. So install or reinstall and see if that helps. I can not figure out why it stopped working when you swapped a CPU though :confused:

Good Luck!
-0cer

yeah i tried installing the drivers again but it didnt help anything. i just installed the version 21 bios and the network card is working again. so all i need was to update my bios and its all good. it must have been some issue with the newer Durons. something??? i dont know, its working now though.

Back