• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Air in my lines

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stang67

Registered
Help.... I just got my system running and ran it overnight to bleed the system and I can see air traveling in my lines. I am using a 3 1/2 Dual bay res. and it isn't sucking in any air from the top. Where is the air coming from??? No leaks after 12 hours of running and nor is there any water being lost from the system. I'm confused!!

there could be a leak somewhere (tends to be near the pump intake) that won't let water out, but sucks air in. what is in your setup?

Yea usually when that happens its at the pump intake... air leak...

To test this you can submerge your tank under water and blow into the tube going to the pump (with the other end sealed) and see if it bubbles... if so then its an airleak. You can also try running the pump submerged and if the prob goes away you know its the pump.

GL

I am using a...

Swiftech MCP600 Pump
Black Ice 2 Extreme
Swiftech MCW5002-A
DangerDen MAZE4 GPU
DangerDen Z-Chip
Tundra Dual 3.5" Bay

My big question is if air is coming in, what is going out??

Attachments

• 100_0791-1.jpg
    100_0791-1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 118
:eek: that setup is amazing. one of the best looking external setups i have ever seen :eek: its so sweet. im not sure what to say about your air though. if you had a mag3 id say check around the intake, but i don't think that would be a problem with the swiftech. i'd say make absolutely sure its not the bay res (those seem to cause lots of problems, especially a small one like that), check all the connections to make sure they're tight, or let it keep bleeding and tip it around some, to get the air out of the rad. also, you wouldn't notice if there was a small leak. air would get in, but water level wouldn't be affected too much.

god that is one sleek lookin setup.

Sorry, I must comment on how nice that setup is.

BTW, I've had air "trapped" in the lines where it sucks it through the res real fast. I had to turn off the pump and let the air float up to stop it. Dunno if that helps or not :-/

I found my problem... The fitting on my Chipset Waterblock (which came installed and didn't think to check it :-( was sucking in the air. Now, time to fix it!

P.S. Thanx for the comments on my system... I put alot of thought into how I wanted to do it and what I could get to fit in it. I have a few things left to do, but I am very happy with the results.

That is a piece of art you have there. Stunning! You should tell us lots more about how you did it. What is the external case made from? Looks like one of those micro-atx cases. Is it a shuttle?

Love the setup, matches the lian-li very well :) god i love those cases....
what kinda temps are you getting, and with what cpu settings?

i think the small case is a lian li too (if its not its almost a perfect match). damn nice, but i bet it cost a pretty penny

yeah i think this is it

Well, still working on fixing my leak. The waterblock didn't have a good seal. My case is a Lian Li ITX. It ran me $113 online. My temps WERE running about 96f (CPU) @ Idle. My processer is an AMD 3000+ running at 2500Mhz. The Voltage is 1.8 on an A7N8X Deluxe. I am running 2X 36gig Raptor drives in RAID 0. My Memory is 2x 512 Hyper-X PC4000. Video is a MSI GF4 Ti4400. I also have a 48x Plextor cd burner and an HP 2.4x DVD burner which are in "Stealth".

sweet rig. just throwing out an idea... i think the stealthed drives look awesome, but i think the res and fan controller kinda detract. just a thought though

I really like the way your set up looks man :D. I am also thinking about running an external box for my watercooling. I am mostly doing this cause I wanna run a huge radiator. Anyways nice looking setup.

You have inspird me to try an idea very similar. I purchased an identical case to what I have now. I"ll be chopping the bottom off of it, re-attaching the base plate, using the mother board plate as a new back plate, and installing my whole w/c rig inside of it. It will end up looking like a miniature version of the main rig. I'll post a pic when it's done in a bout 1 month in a new thread, but I'll give you credit for the idea! (which you definitely deserve!)

Back