• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The project begins, come on in....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

csidd

Registered
Well, I just began my first H2O project. I have a few pics I will try to post to show you where I'm at. I am using a Lian-Li PC70 case. So far I have managed to mount the heater core and dryfit some of the tubing. Forgot to order pump (DOH!) so I will not have that until tonight. Mounting the HC took some power tools and patience. But I think I'm happy with the placement. If anyone has any useful comments please share. This is the first time I've attempted H2O so help would be appreciated.

url]

If the pics work there is one of the before project, one of the maze4 on my 9800xt with ram sinks and a few others.

If anyone can tell me how to put actual pics in my post I would appreciate it. I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks. The first link has to be copy and pasted in your browser to work.

Have you painted your core? or is it completely aluminium.

Are you going with a res or t line? because having the core at the top make bleeding a bit more of a problem but a bit of case rocking, shaking, tilting sorts it out.

Later

csidd said:
If anyone can tell me how to put actual pics in my post I would appreciate it. I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks. The first link has to be copy and pasted in your browser to work.

tag each URL

[IMG]http://server5.uploadit.org/files/cdsidd-gettinthere.JPG
c...9800xtfront.JPG
cdsidd-radtop.JPG
cdsidd-side2PC70.jpg

Thanks Bobaroo. I'm going with a T line. The top was the best spot for the res. No room down front with all the drive bays back in. I'm using the Hydor L30 for a pump.

Just a side note, I have the MAZE4 gpu with the anodized alum top. When I took a flashligtht and looked inside it looks like the top was anodized before they put the block together. When they bored out the barb threads it looks like the alum top was bored too, leaving bare alum inside. Does anyone know if this is the case with this gpu?

I don't know about the Maze 4, sorry.

Everything else looks really good though, keep up the good work!

Back