• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Resolved: Won't boot, hard crash-watercooled (was: heeelp ,me plzzzz)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

graftonater

urgent really need help!!!

ok well basically just installed water coolin g and sumthing has gone really wrong :(.....worked on first boot but bios really lagged then crashed.......then on second boot just get the errorr of one long beep and 2 small beeps please need help urgently!!!!

SYSTEM: asetek waterchill, asus a7n8x MB with v 1007 bios 1024 gig pc3200 twinmos/winbond ram 2100xp processor, qtech 550w power supply and radeon 9800se gfx card..... please help meeeeee!!!!

Well, if it's an award bios, that's a video error. Try pulling out the AGP card and reseating it after cleaning off the contacts with an eraser.

If it's not an award, you can find bios beep codes HERE

Luck to ya bud!

Make sure your block is mounted correctly! Without much information, it sounds like the waterblock might be making improper contact with the CPU core, causing overheating.

Also, double check for leaks.

Sounds like you could be the first to post in the new 911 emergency section.

(I haven't worked with water cooling yet or I'd try to help you more myself)

Edit: Ok, well, someone beat you to it, but you have much more of an emergency situation, I think.

i checked the codes and it saiod something about agp card not connected proeprly/ a problem with it ....but i tired a diff card and still same porb....and heatsinks r all on properly jst dunno ut to do now :S:S:S:S:S:S

if your cpu concact is not good or you crushed it, you might get beep codes that aren't indicative of the true problem.

It sounds like a video card problem.
With the power on, look at the motherboard...Asus has a little LED that glows to indicate if your card is installed properly.

One long then 2 short usually means a video card problem thats if you have AWARD bios. Try reseating the vid card.
EDIT:
I forgot you mentioned you just installed a water cooling setup. Are you sure water didnt drip off the waterblock onto your video card?

i tried reseating gfx card and also tried anotehr one both spewed out same error :( sooo upseting :( jst soo fckd up how went into brioos first time then now wnt do anything at all :/

Reseat all the major parts except for cpu, if that doesn't get it reseat the cpu.

1-Man-Army said:
maybe it needs to detect the fans rpm??? cuz most mobos go dumb with out the fan detected they mostly dont boot tho

i don't think that's the case. people who forgot to turn off their auto no-fan-go option in their bios usually press the power button and their system just turns off after a couple secs.

Assuming you've done all the things recommended above:

Were all components function properly together before the WC upgrade? If this is a new case, in particular, check for extra brass stand-offs that are shorting the underside of the mobo to ground. That one issue nailed me on two different systems in the past. Some people suggest trying a reboot with the mobo out of the case, sitting on non-conductive foam or a blanket (NOT anti-static foam).

Position the water pump a couple feet away from the PC for at least one boot attempt, so you can determine if EMI is the culprit. An alternative (if your tubing doesn't allow for movement) is to leave the pump off until 6-8 seconds after the system is turned on (just past POST).

One quick question to help everyone else on here. Did you run the water system filled for 24 hours before installing in the system?
From what i found here it says that 1 long 2 short is a bad video device. If you have another one somewhere you should try that and see if it helps.

Other than that try what others have said, try reseating everything the system.

Very true. Overheating can cause a lot of weird problems. Double check your contact first, especially if a different AGP card isn't fixing your problem.

yeh check your cpu contact .. and even check for chipping or crushing as stated above.. i've had this happen to me.. luckily mine still worked :D

Back